Supplier CSR Guidelines
Toyota Boshoku Group, as a good corporate citizen, pursues growth that is in harmony with society.
We contribute to society by developing leading-edge technologies and manufacturing high-quality products.
1. Sharing management stance
We would like to carry out the following philosophy together with our suppliers.
1. Creation of working environment based on Respect for our employeesIt is important to create an environment where workers can trust the company and develop a work climate that promotes human development.
2. Manufacturing based on Genchi-Genbutsu
It is basically important to thoroughly observe the actual scene of manufacturing and try to find out the root cause that may be behind phenomena.
(fact-finding by actually going and seeing).
We attach importance to seeing the essence of things, and execute things using decisiveness of team activities and making best efforts.
3. Continuous KaizenIt is important to always pursue evolution and innovation, and never cease to seek improvement.
4. Two-way communicationWe regard our suppliers as part of our group. Therefore, we and our suppliers must maintain close communication, exchanging ideas frankly and coming to terms with each other on all matters of importance.
2. Toyota Boshoku’s expectations of suppliers for providing “Products and Services”
We expect suppliers to provide the best possible products at the lowest possible cost. This must also consider providing in the most timely manner on a stable and long-term basis.
Supplier needs to develop and manufacture products that take the viewpoint of customers, who buy cars, into consideration.
1. SafetyManufacturing requires human hands, and good quality products can be made only when safe and healthy working environment is maintained. In a safe working environment, workers can concentrate their efforts on manufacturing, and make products of good quality.
2. QualityThere is a saying that goes, "There is no growth for a company unless its quality improves." We expect supplier to build a self-contained manufacturing process that does not allow bad products to be made or shipped to ensure high quality for initial batch of new products. In terms of the quality of mass-produced products, we appreciate suppliers’ effort on improving visibility of causes for when trouble occurs in manufacturing processes and make speedy response to address such causes.
3. Delivery, productionToyota Boshoku Group is producing “only what is needed, only when it is needed, and only the amount that is needed." We expect suppliers to make effort to realize this by flexibly taking necessary actions in the phases of production preparation, production and delivery.
4. CostsWe expect suppliers to offer the most competitive cost in the world. For this, it is important for suppliers to seek innovation in technological development and production technology, and engage in activities to lower costs on an ongoing basis.
5. TechnologyThe importance of technology is growing in the areas of environmental protection, safety and comfort. We expect suppliers to pay attention to such requirements of society and the global environment, make efforts to precisely grasp customer needs to address them a step ahead of their competition, and to work to realize low prices so that their new technologies can benefit as many customers as possible.
3. Toyota Boshoku’s expectations of suppliers in the process of developing “Products and Services”
We expect suppliers to comply with the following items to undertake CSR activities.
We also expect suppliers to deepen and expand CSR initiatives with business partners by developing and deploying individual CSR policies and guidelines incorporating the following items.